“The Global KAITEKI Center (TGKC)” was opened in Arizona State University (ASU) of the United States in April 2019. This is a comprehensive research organization in collaboration among ASU, The KAITEKI Institute, Inc. (TKI), and Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation (MCHC). The partnership will enable us to:
(1) enhance a social science perspective
(2) send a powerful messages of KAITEKI from overseas, and
(3) promote KAITEKI R&D activities worldwide.
ASU is renowned for Global Institute of Sustainability (GIOS) which specializes in research of the concept and the technology of sustainability and has produced exceptional result in industry-academia collaboration as well. With its over 500 scientists and scholars, GIOS is one of the largest research organizations in the world. ASU has also been named the most innovative school in America the fifth year running since 2016.* TGKC will leverage its superb knowledge and expertise.
Furthermore, to develop new technologies required for building a sustainable society, we started the following four researches in 2019 at TGKC.
1. Visualize and quantify social values in the future.
2. Introduce the circular economy concept to the chemical industry. Create a roadmap.
3. Reduce food waste. Encourage behavior change.
4. Urban heat management and material development
Their consequence and outcome will be announced and updated here.
*U.S. News and World Report (2020)